Saturday, September 12, 2009

Artistry In Fashion 2009



I am very excited about the upcoming Artistry In Fashion show on Saturday, September 26th. If you live in the Bay Area, you should really make the effort to go. I haven't been in many years, but I religiously attended the first few, back in the day, and I am looking forward to returning this year. It is held at Canada College (a community college with a truly fabulous fashion department) and it benefits the scholarship program for the fashion department.



There will be a designer sale (drool), an open house for the fashion department, food. It was at Canada College that I took classes that completely changed my sewing, 20 years ago. I learned fashion history, tailoring, how to draft patterns, and make wearable art. I bonded with women who appreciated clothing, fabric, and designer details with the same passion as I. It's a truly great program and I recommend it for anyone (in the area) who wants to take their skills to the next level.

If you do come, and you see me, please say hello. :)

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go if only I wasn't on the opposite corner of the North American continent. The course you took sounds wonderful. I wondered about your confidence in drafting patterns for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reason not to go, Heather. :) Yes, I took two semesters of pattern drafting back in the 80s. I took numerous classes offered at Canada. I am very rusty, but the best thing about learning how to draft patterns is that you lose fear of patterns. Same as with cooking. Once you understand the principles, you can wing it. I am not a great cook (ask my kids), so I don't wing it very far. I am much more fearless with patterns. :D

    ReplyDelete