Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sewing Workshop - Trio Pant

I finally made the Sewing Workshop Trio pants and I love them!

Janis, on Stitcher's Guild, has sewn some beautiful pants from this pattern, so I was eager to try them. I traced off a size small, though, according to the Sewing Workshop measurement chart, my hips are between a medium and a large, and my waist is off the chart (larger than a XXL). I can often get away with a smaller pant size since my hips are small and I increase the waist, as necessary. I didn't have to fiddle with these pants.

My first pair, using a black ponte knit, fit well, but were a bit short. I am 5'5" and almost always have to shorten things, so these must run short. I left the pocket off this first pair.


My second pair are from a brown stretch woven. This time, I included the pocket. I finished the pocket with buttons from my grandmother's button basket.

I had to lighten this photo a bit to show the pants better. I am wearing these with my new t-shirt with the Marcy Tilton neckline.

Worn with my Sewing Workshop Now shirt.

Pocket detail.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've been busy! Love the pants. You wear artsy type clothes so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pants. I agree with the previous comment, you put together a very nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lie - you don't work, you just sew! I've got this pattern and really like the pants. I was wondering if they 'drooped' on the sides without the pockets and it looks like they do - do they?
    Yours look fantastic!

    Re

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wardrobe! PM me, if you would, I would love to talk 1-on-1!

    Cherie
    (cczaplicki@cox.net)

    ReplyDelete